BELOW IS A LIST OF TIPS TO HELP ENSURE YOUR MOVE GOES SMOOTHLY
1. Sort through all of your belongings room-by-room discarding anything you won’t be taking with you. The movers WILL PACK & LOAD EVERYTHING in sight.
2. Pack EVERY BOX & PLASTIC CONTAINER completely FULL. This needs to be done for a couple of reasons
A)When the boxes are loaded into the truck they are stacked on top of each other, if the boxes are not full they MAY COLLAPSE & CAUSE DAMAGE to the items inside.
B) This also SAVES SPACE which in turn SAVES MONEY.
3. Any furniture item that has GLASS must be WRAPPED with BUBBLE WRAP & COVERED with CARDBOARD i.e., TV stands, china cabinets, curio cabinets, & glass table tops. This also includes pictures, mirrors & artwork. You may opt to have Valet Movers pack some or all of these items for you. All wooden & upholstered furniture will be wrapped with furniture pads for free.
4. When using a professional moving company you must put all items that can fit into a box, IN A BOX. If you have any questions about packing a certain item please call or email your representative.
5. If you make any changes to your inventory please let your representative know so that they can adjust your quote accordingly.
6. Check with your new residence regarding any DELIVERY RESTRICTIONS they may have. You will also need to verify that a semi-truck can access your delivery area.
7. Let your representative know if you have stairs, long-carry or an elevator at your pick-up & delivery. The first seven stairs are free & the fee is only charged once. (Stairs located inside of the home are free of charge).
8. We also recommend that customers take the HARDWARE from the beds, desks, and any other furniture that has been taken apart WITH THEM.
9. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your move & the procedures please do not hesitate to contact our office at 858-292-1848